It’s important to know the risks of using fireworks and the safety measures we have to be aware of to avoid untoward incidents.
Fireworks bring joy to people from all walks of life, whether you’re the one lighting them or you‘re just watching how it lights up the sky and brightens the night. Either way, it’s important to know the risks of using fireworks and the safety measures we have to be aware of to avoid untoward incidents.
According to NFPA’s Fireworks Fires and Injuries report, an estimated 19,500 fires started by fireworks were reported to local US fire departments in 2018. These fires caused five civilian deaths, 46 civilian injuries, and $105 million in direct property damage. To help address this situation, we have listed some safety tips to avoid serious injuries and millions of dollars in property loss.
1. Don’t use or patronize illegal fireworks. Use only State Fire Marshal-approved fireworks. Local ordinances should be verified before purchasing or using fireworks.
2.Fireworks are not toys. As such, don’t play with them. Moreover, children should never be allowed to light fireworks. Just in case, close adult supervision is advised.
3.Never use fireworks near dry grass or other flammable materials. Flammable liquids, such as gasoline, should be kept at a safe distance.
4. Keep a bucket of water nearby for emergencies. A small spark can be controlled with adequate water and tools. It is also a good idea to keep a garden hose near or attached to outdoor faucets.
5. If a firework does not go off after it is lit, don’t ever attempt to fix or re-light it. Never experiment with fireworks! It is also wise to pour water over so as not to tempt other people to pick it up and play with it.
6. Don’t attempt to light fireworks when you have been drinking alcohol. Alcohol affects the part of the brain that controls how your body works, slows down your movements and your ability to make sound decisions, and the ability to be in control.
7. Reading is a must! Read all fireworks instructions carefully.
Fires have devastating impacts on people, property, and the environment. Let us all be responsible enough to take precautionary measures, act fast and think fast in case of fires. Disaster preparedness is still one of the best options to prevent large uncontrolled fires from happening.
However, accidents still happen even when we do all preventive measures. If there is a fire at home, you will need to hire a professional fire mitigation and restoration company. Our staff at SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto are fully trained to clean up and restore your home if there is a fire.
Water Damage After Flooding
Flood creates a nuisance that has the potential to cause worrying damages to your structure and contents.
Water damage is a relatively popular form of natural disaster with various sources like leaking roofs, burst pipes, flooding, and more. Flood creates a nuisance that has the potential to cause worrying damages to your structure and contents.
Flood victims are mostly left physically and emotionally down because they are short of ideas on the exact point of beginning the recovery procedures.
Here at SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto, we are expert professionals with a wealth of experience dealing with water damage caused by flooding. We have the necessary tools to educate and assist our clients before the help eventually arrives. You are assured of our impeccable services in any event of securing your valuable assets.
We have expertly concluded various degrees of water losses, and this puts us in good stead to keep you and your property in safe hands. We will lead you through the best ways to handle water damage after the flooding.
FLOOD CLEANUP EQUIPMENT:
· Pump, pail mops and squeegees
· Gloves, masks and all other protective gear
· Soaps and unscented detergents
· Plastic garbage bags
AFTER A FLOOD, YOU SHOULD:
· To eliminate electrical accidents, try to turn off the mains supply not to be power in the building.
· Be careful not to injure yourself, as you use pumps and pails to remove standing water, then mop up the rest and avoid further damage to surfaces.
· Clean up excess water from wood furniture after removing tabletop items
· Apply detergents and disinfectants to flush and disinfect floor drains and sump pumps, scrub them to remove stubborn dirt and grime.
· In summer, put on your air conditioning to increase drying.
· Pick loose items from the floor.
DON'T DO THIS AFTER FLOODING:
· Don't leave furniture, books on wet carpets, it further damages them. Instead, get pickable items off to a safe place, and put saucers underneath the furniture legs above the damp surface.
· Never use your household vacuum to evacuate water. Not only is it ineffective, but it could also cause damage to the vacuum cleaner.
· Never attempt to turn on the ceiling fixture if the ceiling is wet and ensure you stay out of a ceiling-sagging room.
· Forget to hang all valuables like leather items and leave your wet fabrics in place.
Fire Restoration and Mitigation Elements
It is a traumatizing experience to be caught up in or affected by a fire outbreak.
Fire outbreaks can be very devastating. A lot of people take necessary preventive measures such as fire alarms or extinguishers. However, these measures might not be enough because they are designed to quench small fires as they can't handle full-blown infernos. However, a small size outbreak may become destructively severe.
It is always a traumatizing experience to be caught up in or affected by a fire outbreak. Firefighters put up their top act to ensure that lives, valuables are evacuated and extinguish the fire.
During this process, there might be several unconscious actions that look seemingly destructive. Worst of all, some timid and quick responses may begin another damage source.
Ruins caused by fires doesn't end when the flames are put off. The effect sees victims lose their prized assets, sometimes leaving them in search of shelter. Meanwhile, businesses, most of the time, shut down if necessary fire damage restoration processes are not considered.
Prompt fire damage restoration goes a long way to limiting the emotional and financial stress caused by fire. In any case of fire accidents, there are three kinds of repair that your space needs after putting out the flames.
1. Fire Damage: The picture that comes to mind during a fire outbreak is the movement of flames as it consumes everything in its path. The extreme temperatures they can reach cause significant damage and ultimately destroy objects in contact. Damages caused by fire may be rectifiable during a fire clean up, but it will depend on property type, the severity of the injury and the amount of time passed since the fire.
2. Smoke and Soot:
They both are created minutes after the fire has been put off and spread quickly over the affected area. It is challenging to remove evidence of smoke damage because of its easy permittivity, resulting in an offensive odor that may be a nuisance. Immediate smoke cleanup is crucial because its byproduct becomes more difficult to remove over time.
3. Water Cleanup: In stopping a fire outbreak, faulty firefighting equipment, damaged sprinkler systems and burst pipes may result in severe water damage, which is always devastating.
In conclusion, recovering from a fire outbreak is physically and emotionally difficult for victims as some aspects of restoration require skill-intensive labor. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is just waiting for your call to make the process easier, giving you back your joy again. They are professionals specializing in fire, smoke and water cleanup. Make that call and recover your valuable property.
Keep your Kitchen Safe While Cooking
However, if, for some reasons, you forget any of these safety tips and experiences an eventual accident, call SERVPRO of Manteca and Modest.
Great Kitchens make cooking fun. It is a place where we depend on preparing all our favorite recipes and getting our desired meals. However, it could turn into a fire trap when in the wrong hands. For everyone, Kitchen safety is a priority and failure to adhere to some kitchen safety guidelines strictly could be hazardous.
It is safe to consider basic kitchen safety rules to reduce fire risk.
BASIC TIPS TO MAKE YOUR KITCHEN SAFER
1. Microwave Safety: To avoid fire outbreak, you are advised to plug your microwave directly into an outlet rather than an extension, except the extension cord is rated for its use. Additionally, be sure you don't use containers that have aluminum foil because these foils have metals in them that cause sparks, which may result in fire. Use a microwavable safe dish such as a paper plate, glass plate, and bowl. If your microwave catches fire, turn it off and call for help.
2. Be close by:
It is important to stay nearby when cooking, except for slow burners. Fire may begin within seconds when cooking or frying foods becomes too hot. Food can quickly transient from browning to burning and eventually into flames. Turn off your cooker when getting far away from the kitchen.
3. Switch off Appliances: The use of appliances is safer when plugged directly into an outlet than an extension cord. It keeps the electrical appliance within the safety ratings, which avoids cable heat-up that can cause an eventual fire outbreak. Unplug your appliances after use.
4. Understand your Equipment and Handle them properly: Getting familiar with complex kitchen tools and equipment is necessary for cooking. However, it is important to read instructions that come with appliances and understand how to use them. You won't be needing the services of a qualified restoration company when you do this.
In conclusion, keeping your kitchen safe is crucial and abiding by the above guidelines will reduce fire risk in your kitchen. However, if, for some reasons, you forget any of these safety tips and experiences an eventual accident, SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is a trusted leader with 40 years in the restoration industry. They are always at your fingertips with their professional agents who will find the best coverage to match your needs.
Preventing Grease Fires
All home chefs should know how to deal with a grease-related fire because its risks are high.
Most times, cooking fires are the primary cause of home fires and home injuries. However, do you know what to do if grease catches fire in your kitchen? They self-ignite and get out of hand in a matter of seconds. Proper control techniques and intuitive thinking are critical to deal with the spread. Hence, the reason why it is essential to be close by the kitchen always while cooking.
Be informed beforehand that it is dangerous to grab some water during grease related fire outbursts because water and grease aren't friends, so they don't mix. Please don't go for a fire extinguisher for a grease fire because it could make things get worse. The chemicals released from the extinguisher come out with force, and the pressure is sufficient to possibly splash the oil all over the kitchen spreading the fire.
With the following essential tips, you can prevent a grease-related fire:
1. It is crucial to gradually heat oil, ensuring that the temperature limit is not exceeded.
2. Resist every distraction that takes you away from your fryers and pans on fire because grease is a highly flammable liquid.
3. At any instant of noticing excessive smoke, reduce the heat source.
4. It is hazardous to toss anything into a hot grease-filled pan carelessly, so ensure you reduce splatter by gently and carefully immersing your food.
Follow These Tips with Grease Fires:
Ensure you switch off all burners when dishes go up in flames and try to deprive the hot flames of oxygen by covering them with a metal lid. After completing the step, try to call the fire department for help.
In conclusion, all home chefs should know how to deal with a grease-related fire because its risks are high. Therefore it is essential to know ahead of time what to do when the need arises. Face grease-related fire incidents that go out of hand. You could find yourself facing a fire cleanup scenario, one which will require building restoration expert and professionals. Don't hesitate to contact us at SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto. We bring back the lost glamour just as perfect as it newly was.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for Mitigation and Restoration
No matter the complications involved, you can rely on us for quick restoration. We are your best option when maximum expertise is required.
Restorative services require significant expertise and experience. Hence, the importance of a restoration company's reputation and track record.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto operates on an advanced level beyond the regular restoration companies in the industry. Over the years, we have accrued a wealth of experience delivering efficient and effective mitigation and restoration solutions to residential and commercial spaces. We are in the industry's upper echelon, satisfactorily meeting our clients' demand and setting that pace for excellent service delivery since 1967.
We are loyal to our community. We are committed to providing excellent mitigation and restoration services to humanity. We have an impeccable history of restoring private and commercial establishments to the status-quo with our magical wand, using limited resources. Our excellent track record and impeccable reputation stand us out from other competitors in the industry.
WHY WE ARE TOP A PLAYER IN THE INDUSTRY
We don’t just employ. Our profile boasts of a team of experienced, certified cleaning and restoration specialists trained in property restoration and damage control. Our competence has offered us a space in the hearts of our numerously satisfied clients.
We are constantly on the go for an innovative solution to improve and continuously increase our already vast knowledge that keeps us maintaining a high standard in the restoration business.
Advanced Techs-Second to none.
At SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto, we use state-of-art equipment with innovative technology and advanced techniques to perfectly deliver mitigation and restoration services. A few of our specialized equipment includes but not limited to water extraction equipment, moisture detector, dryers, and many more.
24/7 hours Service
Home disaster happens anytime within the hour. As such, we are here waiting for your call anytime. Holidays are not an exception. At SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto, we don't go on holidays, so call us now!
High Professional Profile
Our certifications include:
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- CDS - Commercial Drying Specialist
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
In conclusion, You deserve the best services in terms of mitigation and restoration. That is the reason SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto gives you all it takes to restore your residential or commercial spaces. No matter the complications involved, you can rely on us for quick restoration. We are your best option when maximum expertise is required.
Why SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto? Hear from True Customers.
Just as the name implies, SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto are professionals, ever ready to ‘serve’ you optimally.5 Stars for sure!
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers impeccable and outstanding restoration services. We give our clients, both residential and commercial, the best quality service to efficiently meet their mitigation and restoration needs.
Customer satisfaction is our primary goal, and our clients as the top priority in everything we do. So, that’s why we continually ensure that we give the best service possible no matter the complications involved. We have a track record of continuously providing excellent customer service.
Here’s what our SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto customers have to say:
“5 Stars for sure! There was a fire outbreak in our house, and after the fire damage, we didn't know what to do. They came and talked to us and calmed us. They explained how they would fix everything for us and got to work. I highly recommend his company to anyone who needs extensive cleanup.”
- Sammy, Manteca, CA.
“Everyone was great. My kitchen caught fire, and there was a lot to clean up. They did everything quickly, and my house is in great shape.”
- Sandy H., Modesto, CA.
"A Leaky water heater damaged a wall and seeped into an adjacent room. Nightmare right? It wasn't too bad. SERVPRO was a preferred vendor of my homeowner's insurance. After calling their 800 number, they passed my info along to the local servicing franchise. They were responsive, professional, courteous, and self-contained. Danny, my SERVPRO project manager, was a pleasure to work with, very personable and professional. The whole process was relatively painless, removing water damage and moldy drywall. The area was thoroughly contained and dried, and tested came back negative for microbial. Yay! Now, I can get that wall put back together."
- James Morgan, Manteca, CA.
“Hopefully, you never have to find yourself in a situation as I did. But, I can assure you, if you're in any need of emergency cleanup assistance, you won't find another more sympathetic and empathetic team than here. Danny and Orlando, thank you for doing what you do. Your professionalism, technical knowledge, and communication helped one of the most difficult times someone would ever have to go through bearable. Overwhelmed and alone, trying to figure out what to do, you helped me take that first step towards healing. I will never forget Danny. Can't thank you enough.”
- Ryan, Modesto, CA.
“SERVPRO of Manteca Technician and his assistant were everything you would expect of good customer service! They went above and beyond my expectations. Thanks, guys; keep up the good work!”
- R. Brown, Riverbank, CA.
Just as the name implies, SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto are professionals, ever ready to ‘serve’ you optimally. We are a team of professionals equipped with adequate knowledge and certifications to provide optimum customer service. We are your best choice for mitigation and restoration services. Let us take care of your residential and commercial damage issues.
How to Protect your Home from Floods
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is vastly experienced and specially trained.
It is always an overwhelming experience dealing with floods and other natural disasters. Aside from the loss of valuable properties that comes with the disastrous event, it leaves you much work. As you may have known, it takes much effort to bring back the water-damaged property to its pre-damage condition.
After flooding, mold comes in and begins to grow. In this instance, you will have to cope with horrible odors that may pose health effects in your household. Can you imagine how devastating that feels? It can, of course, get out of hand.
In light of the preceding, you will agree that the effects of flooding on homes are better imagined than experienced. Hence, it’s best to protect your home from flooding than looking for solutions after it has happened. Without a doubt, you will save yourself a lot of unnecessary expenses, having taken some preventive and protective measures ahead.
Now, how can you protect your home from floods? It’s simple. As a professional restoration service company, we have prepared a simple guide to protect your home from floods.
Pro Tips for Home Flood Preparation
1. The first step to protect your home from a flood is to have flood details of your area. To be on the safer side, know how likely your home will experience a surge in your area. Also, invite building professionals to inspect your home to determine how well it can withstand floods.
2. Ensure that you close every foundation crack with solid mortar, masonry caulk, or hydraulic cement. Hydraulic cement expands and fills gaps adequately.
3. Get battery-powered sump pumps. Sumps pumps enable you to remove excess water from your home when floods come.
4. Install septic or sewer link check valves that allow waste to flow one way. That will prevent sewage from coming back into the stagnant water in your home.
5. Ensure that you keep your expensive and valuable properties in a safe location. That may include furniture, artworks, certificates, and more.
6. Ensure you get an insurance policy that covers cleanup or flood damage repair.
You will get the best preparative measure if you hire a professional restoration service company. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is vastly experienced and specially trained to step into the awful situation and restore your home. With the aid of our highly skilled technicians and advanced equipment, your home is in safe hands.
Why SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for Commercial Cleaning and Restoration?
Choose SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for your commercial cleaning and restoration needs.
Now that diverse restoration service companies show up in almost every neighborhood, it might be challenging to choose the best. As a homeowner in Manteca and Modesto, you need to select your restoration company carefully.
First, you need an experienced restoration company that can deliver no matter how severe the damage. That makes SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto your best option.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto provides exceptional restoration services with the highest standard. We are smartly on our toes to offer excellent service that efficiently meets your mitigation and restoration needs.
Do you want to know what separates us from others? Here are some significant reasons you should choose us:
1. Quick Response
Water damage gets complicated the longer it stays unaddressed. Hence, we are committed to responding quickly to our calls and endeavor to show up in your home in few minutes. We are available 24 hours a day. No day, no night, no holidays. We understand that natural disasters can be dangerous to lives, so we never hesitate.
We start the clean-up and repair process immediately. We also offer emergency planning services to ensure quick help whenever our clients need it.
2. Licensed Insured, well-trained team
For decades, we have been in the business with a team of licensed professionals with high profile and certifications. We don't just hire. We certify that all our team members have adequate skill and experience to deliver accurately. Most of our team members are presently undergoing higher professional training to ensure we serve you better.
3. Locally owned and operated
You must hire a local company. That’s because only a local company can understand the situation at hand and provide informed solutions.
We are conversant with every nook and corner of Manteca and Modesto. We have a vast understanding of the region's climate, and we provide our restoration solutions based on that.
4. Detailed plan for damage repairs
We ensure that we provide excellent damage repairs to every affected area. Restoring your home to its pre-disaster condition remains our pride. We have never failed in making necessary repairs that transform your home and prevent it from further hazards.
5. Advanced equipment and techniques
We have the right equipment to restore your home to its best. Our state-of-the-art equipment makes our works more accessible, faster, and more accurate.
6. Insurance claims process
We know how to navigate the insurance claim process. We are experienced and responsive in helping clients file properly documented, timely claims.
Choose SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for your restoration needs.
Why Commercial Cleaning is Important for Your Business
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers a wide range of commercial cleaning services.
One cannot overemphasize the fact that clean business space attracts traffic. In reality, no one would like to do a transaction in an unwelcoming, unkempt environment. No matter how good the product or service might be, customers will turn the other way if the environment is not pleasing. So what happens to all the marketing and advertising efforts? – All thrown to the bin!
When customers step into your business space, what they see will determine whether they will patronize later or never. Besides, one thing is sure. Your employees will be more productive, happy, and comfortable in a clean working environment.
Meanwhile, you need to understand that employing an in-house cleaner is not enough to give you the best result. If you want a detailed cleaning that attracts and sustain more clients, you need to hire a professional commercial cleaner.
Reasons to Hire a commercial cleaning firm for your business
First Impression Counts
Let’s face it. It’s in your hand to sell your brand’s image to your client to secure further patronage. The fragile part is that you have only one chance to do that. You should be familiar with the saying that “first impression lasts longer.” It’s a universal law. Hence, you have to make it count.
When people come close to your business place, they pay detailed attention to the entire business environment. That would determine whether they will stay or leave. The appearance of your business space speaks volumes about the credibility of your products or services. And, the way to wow your customers is to hire a commercial cleaning company for detailed cleaning.
Of course, employing in-house cleaners may seem cheaper, but you will find it more expensive in the long run. Consistent shabby cleaning can allow dirt and grime to build up in your office equipment. Consequently, you might need to replace some of your office furniture at short intervals due to unnecessary wear and tear.
Hiring a commercial cleaning and facility management company like SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is all a plus for your business. It will you save big from unnecessary expenses.
It improves employee’s productivity.
A clean, healthy workplace makes employees happy and comfortable, thereby resulting in increased productivity. Naturally, people become motivated to perform excellently if the working environment is conducive. Without a doubt, you will get the best out of your employees if you make the workplace more enabling with a deep commercial cleaning service.
Reduced amount of sick days
People working in a clean environment are safe from sickness and diseases. You will get fewer sick leave requests if you allow a professional commercial cleaning company to sanitize your workplace. You know what that means, your employees will have more days to concentrate on delivering their best.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto's cleaning services
Hiring a professional commercial will give you access to a broader range of cleaning services. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers a wide range of cleaning services, including:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Let’s transform your commercial space into a mini paradise. We also specialize in cleanup after fire or water damage and mold remediation. Call us now on (209) 823-8877.