SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles commercial cleaning service
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles commercial cleaning service needs on top of mitigation and restoration services. Cleaning services include but are not limited to cleaning office upholstery, storefront window cleaning, carpet cleaning, drapes, and blind cleaning, and more. Our team has the training and equipment to keep your commercial site in tip-top shape.
SERVPRO Cleaning Services -
- Air Ducts/ HVAC– Poor indoor air quality usually comes from ventilation systems. Dust, pollen, odors, dirt, debris, and other contaminants are often spewed through the facility unless the air duct and HVAC cleaning are being done routinely.
- Biohazard / Sewage - Biological and chemical exposure can cause serious health concerns. Biohazards must be removed properly, or it can be dangerous. Some common biohazard cleanup needs could be sewage backups, blood-borne pathogens, methamphetamine labs, crime scenes, hoarding scenes, chemical spills, and more.
- Carpet / Upholstery– Carpets filter, trap dust, dirt, animal hair, and more. Carpets must be cleaned as it collects so much debris. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s staff can take care of moderate and heavy solid conditions. Carpets should be professionally cleaned at least once a year. In many cases, carpets should be professionally cleaned even more than once a year.
- Drapes / Blinds– Drapes and blinds should be cleaned at least every two years, even more often at times. Not only do they need to be cleaned regularly, but they need to be cleaned properly. Drapes have a specific direction to cleaning as do blinds. Dry cleaning equipment is usually needed for drapes, and our team has the equipment needed to do this properly.
- Odor Removal– With odor removal, odors can come from both inside and outside the building. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s staff has IICRC technical training and can properly remove odors without taking shortcuts to just mask the odor. Our equipment identifies and eliminates offensive odors properly.
- Vandalism / Graffiti– Our team removes spray-painted graffiti, and cleans driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles cleaning services to keep your property in good order and to get the doors open to your business quickly if there was a temporary closure. Contact our office if you need any mitigation, restoration, and cleaning services.
Document Restoration Due to Water Damage
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto has the equipment and the training to restore wet documents.
Water damage involves structural damage and damage to your belongings. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto mitigates and restores residential and commercial water damage. Most people think of the obvious when water damage strikes, what happens when important documents such as drawings, photos, medical records, even books get damaged? How is that resolved?
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto has the equipment and the training to restore wet documents. Our staff uses a combination of vacuums and pressure to dry documents, and it works very well. Our team will do their best in restoring your valued documents.
There are five ways to restore documents.
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Many people back up important documents to the cloud, there are many documents that you still need a hard copy of or for keepsakes you may want a hard copy of.
Documents that may need restoration
- Historical documents
- Pressed Flowers or Plants
- VHS Tapes
If you need content restoration and document drying services, contact our office at 209-823-8877. We are glad to help and will do our best to restore your contents to the state they were in before they were damaged.
Why Emergency Ready Plans (ERP) are Vital
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers ERPs
As a business owner or even in management, there are so many hats to wear when it comes to what needs to be done day to day. Workplace disastrous events are usually the last thing on one’s mind, as it is not part of the regular day-to-day operations at the workplace. Regardless of the likelihood of a disaster taking place at the worksite, it is imperative to have a plan should one arise. When disasters strike, business operations often must come to a halt. If you have an Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) in place, the likelihood of opening the doors back soon is stronger.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers a free community service that involves visiting commercial properties to complete an Emergency Ready Plan (ERP). ERPs contain detail regarding your property, such as who owns the property and where the emergency shut offs are located. Our staff documents and photographs where electrical, water, and gas shut-off valves are, and where fire sprinkler systems and alarm systems are located as well. Within your ERP will also be important contact details for the owner, SERVPRO, utility companies for the facility, insurance agents for the property, and any managers that may need to be reached when an emergency happens.
The Emergency Ready Plan is ideal because the owner usually knows where all these important things are; however, when a disaster strikes, the owner may not be available. If all these details are in one spot and everyone is aware where to find the information staff can be more prepared and emergency, mitigation, and restoration services can start faster. This eliminates costly property damages and uncertainty when a disaster strikes.
Schedule your ERP with SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto. We will be glad to help.
Why SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for Mitigation and Restoration Services
Great Reviews for SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for Mitigation and Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto strives each day to provide a quality of work that is of a high standard and that allows our customers to truly feel that their mitigation and restoration needs are going to be completely taken care of. If our customer has any doubts once we arrive and discuss our plans with them, we feel we haven’t given the best service that we could. Customer satisfaction is very important to each of our staff members.
“Hopefully you never have to find yourself in a situation like I did, but I can assure you, if you’re in any need of emergency cleanup assistance you won’t find another more sympathetic and empathetic team than here. Danny and Orlando, thank you for doing what you do. Your professionalism, technical knowledge, and communication helped one of the most difficult times someone would ever have to go through bearable. Overwhelmed and alone, trying to figure out what to do, you helped me take that first step towards healing. That I will never forget Danny. Can’t thank you enough.” – Ryan in Modesto, Ca.
“These guys did a great job on repairing the water damage we had in our upstairs bathroom, they kept the rest of the house clean and didn’t track anything through the house, they were super friendly and we later hired them to clean our carpets and made them look brand new again. I would definitely suggest hiring this company” - C.Bastian in Modesto, Ca
“We had mold in our bathroom, and SERVPRO of Manteca went above and beyond in helping us get rid of the mold. They were considerate, professional and did an amazing job. From working in the office to the final product, it was great. Thanks, you guys!” – Santiago in Modesto, Ca
Water damage, fire damage, and even more; if you need a mitigation and restoration service company to take care of your needs, then SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s team is here for you and will provide top-notch customer service while backing up our service with the knowledge and required certifications to take care of your commercial and residential problems.
Flood and Water Damage Best Practices
Many household foods start in the bathroom and kitchen area.
Waking up or coming home to a flooded home is very difficult. Let it be a pipe burst or a weather-related flood, there are a lot of steps to complete when mitigating and restoring a home with water damage. Basic knowledge of what to do and what not to do should your home flood is very important.
What to do if your Manteca or Modesto home floods
- Ensure that the home is a safe place to be at the time of flooding
- Check to see if electrical devices and outlets are safe
- Be cautious of wet floors and understand slip and fall safety measures
- Do not lift wet materials, as they are heavy
- Contact a plumber right away to stop any plumbing-related flooding if applicable
- Once you have contacted a plumber, contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto at 209-823-8877
Before SERVPRO arrives at your home
- Stop the water source if you can
- Remove any excess water if possible
- Wipe down and dry any wood furniture
- Hang any wet fabrics like furs and leather goods
- Remove any wet upholstery and/or cushions if needed
- Remove decorative rugs from the floor
- Clear walkways and ensure to lift any loose items from the floors such as books, magazines, and other items that are on the wet carpet
- Move any art or prized belongings to a safe and dry place
- Place wood blocks between furniture legs and wet flooring
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto will arrive and take care of all of your flooding and water damage needs. If your house has a flood or any water damage, reach out to our knowledgeable team.
Water Damage from Sprinkler Systems in Commercial Buildings
Commercial office building equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
Fire sprinkler systems protect businesses from property loss and aide in the safety of personal. Sprinklers are a great support in fire safety, the downside is that there is quite a wet mess left behind after the sprinkler system goes off. Fire sprinkler systems will turn on as soon as a fire is detected. This is usually when the fire is its last stage and developed. Fire sprinkler systems save commercial buildings in catastrophic fire damage events. A fire sprinkler system might let out hundreds of gallons of water to stop a fire while a firefighter may use thousands of gallons. Someone must clean this up.
Water damage from a sprinkler system can affect the drywall, carpeting, equipment to run the business, data loss, and many other building materials. A mitigation and restoration service provider can mitigate and restore your water damaged belongings. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto will arrive promptly and assess the damages. Our experienced staff will create a plan to return your property back to its original state.
Some steps expected in a commercial fire:
- Possessions to be cleared out.
- Removal of water
- Drying the area
- Complete cleanup
- Repairing the damage
As soon as the fire is put out and clearance has been given by firefighters, contacting a reputable mitigation and restoration service provider right away. Ensure that the company you contact specializes in both fire damage and water damage.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto specializes in both fire and water damage for commercial and residential needs. Make sure you contact the service company as soon as everyone is safe and the fire department has given clearance to do so because the quicker the service provider shows up the better, as the longer it sits the more damages can be incurred.
How Does Water Damage Occur in Commercial Buildings?
Freezers in the grocery store often malfunction
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s staff are often asked what types of water damage can really occur at a commercial site. Until your building suffers flooding or water damage, it is not at the forefront of one’s mind. There are so many things that can happen at a commercial building. It all depends on what type of business it is regarding what type of incident can come forth.
Common sources of commercial flooding
- Pipes that burst in the kitchen, bathroom, or just on the exterior of the building
- Fire sprinkler systems after a fire
- Appliances that overflow in the kitchen
- Sink or toilet overflow in the bathroom
- Weather-related flooding
Other sources of commercial flooding
- Freezer or cooler malfunction
- Water tank break
- Ice tank thaws and breaks
- Food prep areas. Staff may leave the faucet on and unintended
- Live fish tanks break and can contaminate materials (used for live seafood or décor)
This list of potential incidents can cause devastating water losses, and you may need a professional restoration company to assist, especially if the water contaminates structural materials.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto specializes in commercial water damage. Our staff could come and use truck-mounted pumps and extractors to remove any standing water. Our project managers will create a personalized plan to restore any damage linked to the flooding.
There are so many variants as to what can happen should flooding arise and with those variants come different ways to solve the issue at hand. If flooding waterlogged, our team restores the surface with a thorough cleaning and then position air movers and dehumidifiers for optimal mitigation. Tile or vinyl floors usually restore easily for our staff, but if there are areas with hardwood or laminate flooring, or carpeting, our technicians use special techniques learned during IICRC training to restore these materials.
These are just a few examples of the extensive work that goes into restoring your commercial building back to its original state.
Stanislaus County: Flood Risk
A river in Northern California area
Last spring CBS 10 News wrote an article, ‘Stanislaus County: What every person should know about flood risk’, and the article gave warning that everyone should educate themselves about flood risk despite the amount of rain and snowmelt needed to create a large flood impact. Floods have occurred in the recent past because of weather in the Manteca and Modesto areas, and household mishaps happen on top of bad weather concerns. Flood risk is a big priority in the Manteca and Modesto area for these reasons.
What rivers pose a flood risk in Stanislaus County:
At risk in the Modesto area is the downtown area and the low-lying trailer parks along the Tuolumne River. Dry Creek can be an issue because of unregulated flows. This stream is observed carefully. Dry Creek and the Don Pedro River releases make up most of the flow below 9th street in Modesto and pose a risk in this location.
The San Joaquin River poses more issues because it is harder to predict flood risk as it has multiple rivers flowing into it. To name one, the Merced River causes some concern when flows are at or above flood stage. The major concern is the lower-lying trailer parks western of Stanislaus County.
Extensive flooding hit the area back in 1997 as Don Pedro Dam filled up and had uncontrolled releases. These releases mixed with Dry creek’s uncontrolled flows overwhelmed the levees and massive flooding occurred. Flooding even protruded out to Modesto’s urban areas.
As horrible as the floods were in 1997, the last set of flood damages reported occurred just a few years ago in 2017. Don Pedro River’s spillways opened for the first time in 20 years. Mostly affected were the lower residential regions, like the trailer parks in the area.
Be Prepared for Flooding:
- Register your home, work, and children’s school addresses for alerts with StanAware
- Have a safety kit ready: water, batteries, flashlights, fuel, important documents, etc
- Have an evacuation route planned
A flood being likely or not, it is important to stay alert regarding flood risk in the area and to understand flooding is not only caused by heavy rains. Household accidents can cause flooding as well. Be alert and be safe.
Six Steps to Removing Mold in the Home
Mold and mildew are often found in the shower or the shower ceiling and walls.
Mold will grow where there is moisture such as around the areas of leaks, windows, pipes, and roofs. Mold grows especially well on paper, cardboard, wood, and ceiling tiles. Mold is often found growing in paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery as well.
Mold enters the home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold will attach itself to clothing, shoes, and pets easily. Mold spores that are transferred indoors will grow rapidly the more moisture there is.
Preventing Mold in the Home
There are preventive measures to keep mold from spreading in the home that may help prevent issues further down the line.
- Don’t use carpet in bathrooms or basements as they have more moisture than other rooms.
- Keep humidity levels low by using an air conditioner or dehumidifier when humid.
- Ensure the home has plenty of ventilation.
- Fix any leaks in the home. Check the roof, walls, and any plumbing
Steps to Removing Mold in the Home
If mold is growing in the home, then your house has an issue with water or moisture. Finding the source is the first step. Check the obvious places first, as mentioned. If mold is found, it is best to contact a professional to test the mold and to rid your home of mold. There are many steps that need to be considered with mold growth.
- Once mold is detected contact our office, day or night, at 209-823-8877
- SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto will assist quickly and complete an Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Our team will then contain the mold and use air filtration to the affected area to prevent mold growth
- Removal of mold and mold infested materials takes place after containment
- Our staff will clean contents and belongings in the home
- Restoring any parts of the damage happens last
The correct equipment and chemicals are needed in mold mitigation and restoration. Removing mold from your home properly is very important. A simple cleaning of spotted mold will not do the trick.
Protecting your Home from Flooding
Rainstorm and Flooding in the Modesto and Manteca area
After a natural disaster, such as a flood or storm, it is imperative to address any water damages that occur in the home. This must be done right away. Without the proper water damage restoration services set in place, restoring your home and bringing it back to its pre-damaged condition can be difficult. Mold can set in and grow, creating horrible odors and posing major health concerns. Taking the correct steps and working with the correct restoration service company can alleviate a lot of hassle and save you money in the long run.
As a homeowner in the Manteca and Modesto area being aware of flood danger zones, knowing what to do in a flood, and understanding what steps to take after a flood is the best preparation one could do. There are options to consider in preparation for flooding due to a storm.
Here are a few tips for home flood preparation:
- Close foundation cracks with mortar, masonry caulk, or hydraulic cement. Hydraulic cement is inexpensive and expands and fills gaps.
- Invest in battery-powered sump pumps. Sump pumps allow you to pump water out of your home should your home experience flooding.
- Install sewer or septic link check valves. these allow waste to flow only one way so that sewage can’t back up into the standing water in your home.
- Move expensive belongings to a safe location. If you have expensive pieces of furniture or artwork get them to the second floor or the attic if you have this as an option.
- Ensure you have proper insurance. Many homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover cleanup or repair of flood damage.
There are many options you can consider when protecting your home and your family from flood damage, some are easier and less expensive than others. Some options require professional flood damage restoration services from an experienced and specially trained company such as SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto. Our technicians have professional-grade equipment that can rid your home of all the standing water and dry your home back out.