Examples of Biohazard
SERVPRO of Carmichael/Roseville and Citrus Heights follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean biohazard events.
SERVPRO of Citrus Heights/Roseville and Carmichael assists homeowners and business owners with many service needs, one service need that we help with that is often misunderstood is biohazard cleanup. Our team is often asked what does a biohazard entail and what is the severity of the concern. According to the Oxford Dictionary, biohazard is defined as a risk to human health or the environment arising from biological work, especially with microorganisms.
Biohazards can be found just about anywhere and can be very dangerous.
Examples of Biohazard Situations
- Sewage backups
- Crime scene residues
- Suicide/death accidents
- Homicide cleanups
- Blood cleanup
- Accident cleanup
- Hoarding scenes
- Animal waste/remains
- Chemical spills
- Tear gas cleanup
- Meth lab cleanup
Common Biohazard Events
Sewage backup happens when there is an obstruction or damage that prevents wastewater from draining properly away from the structure.
Bodily fluids, tissues, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from trauma, crime or death.
Illegal Drug Manufacturing Labs / Meth Labs
Chemicals used to produce illegal drugs such as “meth” can leave harmful residues throughout the home or building in use.
SERVPRO of Carmichael/Roseville and Citrus Heights follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean biohazard events. We are available 24 hours and 7 days a week.
Fire Pit Safety
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is here to provide a quick response to any fire damage concerns.
The weather has been nice outside, many of us are required to stay home in response to COVID-19. This is a perfect time to enjoy our families and enjoy the things we love doing while we are home. Come evening time it would be nice to uncover your firepit and gather around for a nice chat, some good music, and some amazing food. Although this sounds like a perfect evening, you still have to be aware and cautious of fires that can start from cooking and from the use of a fire pit.
Here is a refresher on how to use your fire pit safely:
- Ensure it is not a windy day.
- Ensure your fire pit is not too large for the area. Fire pits should be at least 10 feet away from any structures or flammable materials like trees, fences, furniture, etc.
- When starting a fire using a lighter to start the fire. Start the fire with crumpled pieces of paper and small sticks, you can add larger sticks and logs to keep the fire burning.
- Do not use lighter fluid or gasoline to start your fire. It can spiral out of control quickly.
- Burn only dry materials. Damp materials cause excess smoke.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothing while starting or attending to the fire. Try to wear non-flammable clothing and hard-soled shoes.
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher on hand in case you should need to put a fire out.
- Do not leave the fire unattended. Keep children and pets away from the fire.
- Once the fire begins to die, shovel and spread the ashes to allow them to cool. Slowly pour water over the ashes to ensure there are no remaining embers. Place the cooled ashes in a metal can.
If a fire occurs or smoke gets out of hand and leaves you with smoke damage, SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is here to provide a quick response to any fire damage concerns you may have. Our team is experienced and trained and we possess the specialized equipment needed to resolve your fire concerns.
Preparing For Spring Storms
With spring comes highly unpredictable weather that often changes unexpectedly.
With spring comes highly unpredictable weather that changes unexpectedly. Many of these weather conditions include thunderstorms, floods, severe winds, and even tornadoes depending on your location. With severe rainstorms, Modesto and Manteca regions have major flood risks. The river water levels get high and at times structural damage can occur to dams or levees. Since these unpredictable weather occurrences can happen and do happen, it’s best to always prepare your home, and your family, in case the weather suddenly changes.
Prepare Your Home for Spring Weather Challenges
1. Prepare an emergency kit. Red Cross provides a great list for emergency kit needs, your first aid kit should include items from this First Aid Kit list.
2. Remove the debris from gutters, drains, and downspouts ensuring that the rain from your roof flows efficiently away from the foundation of your home. Also, be sure all gutters, drains, and downspouts are secured and add extensions as necessary.
3. Trim trees. Remove any limbs or branches that may fall onto your home or power lines due to heavy winds.
4. Test sump pump, if your home uses one. Ensure the pump is clean and is operating smoothly. Be sure to add a battery-powered back up in case of a power outage.
5. Secure and store yard furniture and items during heavy winds to avoid injuries and damage to properly.
Listed are some simple things you can do to be more prepared for spring weather should a storm come your way. If you should experience damages from thunderstorms, floods, or heavy rains and even fire and mitigation or restoration services are needed, our team is experienced and efficiently equipped to handle your needs. Contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto at (209) 823-8877.
Home Cooking Fire Prevention
Kids are home, and we are cooking more overall. It is critically important to remind residents of cooking safety practices.
In response to COVID-19, the state of California has encouraged residents to stay at home unless there is an essential reason to leave home. With more residents staying indoors, home cooking fires are at risk of increasing. In the U.S. home cooking fires is the leading cause of fires in the home. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home cooking fires overall. We have to keep a close eye out for fire dangers when cooking.
Kids are home, and we are cooking more overall. It is critically important to remind residents of cooking safety practices.
Cooking Fire Prevention Tips
- While frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food stay in the kitchen.
- If simmering, baking or roasting food use a timer and check on food regularly.
- Anything that can catch fire, like oven mitts, wooden utensils, towels, drapes, food packaging, keep away from the stovetop
- Make sure all handles are not facing outward
- If you are sleepy refrain from using the stove as you need to be alert and ensure you do not fall asleep while cooking.
- IF you have children in the home, ensure they stay at least three feet from the stove or oven.
You may find additional tips and safety sheets that you can print out or share electronically about fire safety on the National Fire Protection Association website.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto are Cleaning and Sanitation Experts
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto wants to remind our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto wants to remind our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of surfaces that are touched often such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables.
Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces to be cleaned and sanitized include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call (916) 966-2601 Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto, (209) 823-8877!
How to Spot Water Damage
If you see cracks in your home's foundation or walls of the home and it appears to have expanded, chances are water is the source.
April showers are around the corner, damages from the heavy rains are expected. Water damage comes from many sources, not just poor weather. Knowing how to spot water damage is ideal when it comes to owning or renting a home. Water damage left untreated can cause costly damages and can expand into larger issues. Where there is water damage, there is moisture. Moisture causes mold and grows at rapid rates.
Outside of poor weather, there are so many other ways water can be problematic. Water damage comes from storms, moisture in the air, broken appliances, busted pipes, faulty plumbing systems, and more.
Water damage warning signs:
Water travels in paths that provide the least resistance. Cracks are a significant source of travel for water for that reason. If you see cracks in your home's foundation or walls of the home and it appears to have expanded, chances are water is the source. Ensure cracks are sealed.
Water may sit in a small puddle on the floor, on counters, near plumbing sources, overhead on ceilings, or near appliances. Stay ahead of the issue. Find the source of any standing water and resolve it.
Water does not possess a notable scent itself, but mold and mildew do have a scent. If you smell a musty scent in your home, it could very well be mold.
If you see paint that is peeling or bubbling you may have issues with a leaky pipe.
If you find stains on the ceiling or along the walls then the source can be the roof or a pipe leak.
Water damage can cause floors, ceilings, countertops, walls, and other surfaces to warp.
If you notice any signs of water damage being present, give SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto a call. You can reach us at (209) 823-8877.
SERVPRO Offers Commercial Cleaning in Manteca and Modesto
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is experienced in cleaning large buildings and can offer services that some cleaning services are not able to provide.
Most commercial facilities have a professional cleaning or janitorial service that they use regularly. A clean building is a healthier place and keeps your employees happy. What about the services your cleaning service does not provide? Does your cleaning service get rid of odor issues, mold issues, moisture problems, or do deep cleaning of the floors?
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto can deep clean your commercial building. Our team of professionals can clean the following:
- Air Ducts / HVAC
- Carpet & Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors & Walls
- Drapes & Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma & Crime Scene
- Vandalism & Graffiti
Not only do we handle a lot of different types of cleaning services most service providers do not but will get the job done right. SERVPRO Advantage includes these benefits:
- Award-winning training
- Over 40 years’ experience in the industry
- More than 100 exclusive cleaning products
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is experienced in cleaning up what other cleaning services may not be able to handle. Our team also has the best equipment for the job, leaving you with peace of mind with a clean facility and happy staff. Call (209) 823-8877.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles commercial cleaning service
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles commercial cleaning service needs on top of mitigation and restoration services. Cleaning services include but are not limited to cleaning office upholstery, storefront window cleaning, carpet cleaning, drapes, and blind cleaning, and more. Our team has the training and equipment to keep your commercial site in tip-top shape.
SERVPRO Cleaning Services -
- Air Ducts/ HVAC– Poor indoor air quality usually comes from ventilation systems. Dust, pollen, odors, dirt, debris, and other contaminants are often spewed through the facility unless the air duct and HVAC cleaning are being done routinely.
- Biohazard / Sewage - Biological and chemical exposure can cause serious health concerns. Biohazards must be removed properly, or it can be dangerous. Some common biohazard cleanup needs could be sewage backups, blood-borne pathogens, methamphetamine labs, crime scenes, hoarding scenes, chemical spills, and more.
- Carpet / Upholstery– Carpets filter, trap dust, dirt, animal hair, and more. Carpets must be cleaned as it collects so much debris. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s staff can take care of moderate and heavy solid conditions. Carpets should be professionally cleaned at least once a year. In many cases, carpets should be professionally cleaned even more than once a year.
- Drapes / Blinds– Drapes and blinds should be cleaned at least every two years, even more often at times. Not only do they need to be cleaned regularly, but they need to be cleaned properly. Drapes have a specific direction to cleaning as do blinds. Dry cleaning equipment is usually needed for drapes, and our team has the equipment needed to do this properly.
- Odor Removal– With odor removal, odors can come from both inside and outside the building. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s staff has IICRC technical training and can properly remove odors without taking shortcuts to just mask the odor. Our equipment identifies and eliminates offensive odors properly.
- Vandalism / Graffiti– Our team removes spray-painted graffiti, and cleans driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto handles cleaning services to keep your property in good order and to get the doors open to your business quickly if there was a temporary closure. Contact our office if you need any mitigation, restoration, and cleaning services.
Document Restoration Due to Water Damage
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto has the equipment and the training to restore wet documents.
Water damage involves structural damage and damage to your belongings. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto mitigates and restores residential and commercial water damage. Most people think of the obvious when water damage strikes, what happens when important documents such as drawings, photos, medical records, even books get damaged? How is that resolved?
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto has the equipment and the training to restore wet documents. Our staff uses a combination of vacuums and pressure to dry documents, and it works very well. Our team will do their best in restoring your valued documents.
There are five ways to restore documents.
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Many people back up important documents to the cloud, there are many documents that you still need a hard copy of or for keepsakes you may want a hard copy of.
Documents that may need restoration
- Historical documents
- Pressed Flowers or Plants
- VHS Tapes
If you need content restoration and document drying services, contact our office at 209-823-8877. We are glad to help and will do our best to restore your contents to the state they were in before they were damaged.
Why Emergency Ready Plans (ERP) are Vital
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers ERPs
As a business owner or even in management, there are so many hats to wear when it comes to what needs to be done day to day. Workplace disastrous events are usually the last thing on one’s mind, as it is not part of the regular day-to-day operations at the workplace. Regardless of the likelihood of a disaster taking place at the worksite, it is imperative to have a plan should one arise. When disasters strike, business operations often must come to a halt. If you have an Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) in place, the likelihood of opening the doors back soon is stronger.
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto offers a free community service that involves visiting commercial properties to complete an Emergency Ready Plan (ERP). ERPs contain detail regarding your property, such as who owns the property and where the emergency shut offs are located. Our staff documents and photographs where electrical, water, and gas shut-off valves are, and where fire sprinkler systems and alarm systems are located as well. Within your ERP will also be important contact details for the owner, SERVPRO, utility companies for the facility, insurance agents for the property, and any managers that may need to be reached when an emergency happens.
The Emergency Ready Plan is ideal because the owner usually knows where all these important things are; however, when a disaster strikes, the owner may not be available. If all these details are in one spot and everyone is aware where to find the information staff can be more prepared and emergency, mitigation, and restoration services can start faster. This eliminates costly property damages and uncertainty when a disaster strikes.
Schedule your ERP with SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto. We will be glad to help.