Recent Commercial Posts
Tips to Successful Graffiti Removal
SERVPRO Graffiti and Vandalism Cleanup
According to Area Vibes, the Modesto Police Department has stated as of July 2019, ‘Stanislaus County has estimated there are at least 50 active gangs in the area. Gangs tend to mark their territory by tagging permanent structures “. In Modesto alone, reports show that crime involving property stands 59% higher than the rest of the state and 68% higher than the nation’s average. Property crimes include burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, arson, shoplifting, and vandalism. These statistics still speak volumes. Graffiti is a concern to those living in Modesto and Manteca.
When your commercial building gets tagged with graffiti, best to hire a certified and experienced company to remove the graffiti for you.
Tips to Successful Graffiti Removal
- Pre-wet the surface when using any alkaline paint remover. Pre-wet the surface surrounding the graffiti. Do not wet the affected section if the cleaning agent is solvent-based or incompatible with water. Incorrect cleaning solutions can damage the building. It is best to seek a skilled professional to avoid any further surface damage.
- Rinse the cleaning solution used to rid your structural building of graffiti. Start at the bottom and move upward. This will prevent the cleaning agent from running downward and staining a lower contact surface.
- When temperatures range from hot to cold, the measure in which paint remover will work is slim. Climate temperature is a leading source of why removing graffiti is difficult in our local region. Modesto and Manteca have higher air temperatures. so, it requires specialists to remove graffiti. Cleaning and restoration experts have the correct tools, solutions, and training to get the job done.
- Commercial buildings can pose an issue with graffiti removal because of the variations of materials used in the build. Let it be bedding planes, density, finish, or weathering checked after treatment. There is a large likelihood the paint will still being visible after removal tactics are performed. A professional commercial cleaning and restoration team has the experience and resources to rid you of paint stains without the guesswork.
- Mortar joints behave differently than masonry units and often need different cleaning materials and methods to remove the graffiti
- After graffiti removal, test the surface to make sure cleaning solutions were removed, preventing damage to the building’s surface.
Graffiti removal can be a trial-and-error experience for you. Someone knowledgeable in masonry materials, graffiti materials, and cleaning techniques for graffiti removal should do the job to avoid surface deterioration and long hours spent on a project.
We Clean Large Businesses
A large business has had their carpets done by SERVPRO of Manteca for about 38 years. Because their offices and hallways get lots of traffic, dirt and grime can build up very quickly. So, we come in once a year with our large truck mounted steam machine and clean the carpet. The hot steamy water removes most of the grime from the carpet and is vacuumed up. Any left-over spots can be removed by using a solvent or blood and stain remover. We understand that work can’t always be halted to have your business’s carpets clean so we are willing to come clean on the weekend or to clean after work hours so your carpets can look fresh and new again. If you a large business that needs to be cleaned call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8877.
Commercial Water Damage. What do I do now?
The first step is to access the situation and make sure everyone is safe. Safety is of the utmost importance.
- Call your insurance and figure out what they will cover
- Then call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8877
- We will try to work around your customers and your employees but depending on the severity of the damage you may have to close off sections of your business so that we can safely do our work. We will try to be in and out as fast as possible because we understand that its important to have your business at full capacity.
- After our work is done your business can run just the way it was pre-damage.
That’s right that’s all to it. Congratulations you made it!
Water and Mold Tips for your Business
Protecting a business from a major fire or water damage is not something that is at the forefront of any commercial property owners mind, but knowing what to do should that situation ever arise is vital. Here is some information about the various categories of structure damages, and the safety precautions surrounding them, that every business owner should know:
- Fire Classifications and Extinguishers - A fire with a stable supply of fuel, oxygen, and heat can double in size within 60 seconds; therefore, quick action is key to preventing catastrophic damage. Fires, and their extinguishers, are categorized into 5 different classes based on fuel types. An ABC fire extinguisher is typically what most people stock within their homes and businesses as it is versatile – it can extinguish 3 out of the 5 fire groups; however, fires result from Class K type situations, which require their own specific extinguisher.
- Mold, Myths, and Facts - Bleach does not kill mold, it can even make a mold problem worse. It is effective if the growth is on a hard, solid surface, such as tile or glass, but it will not work when the surface is porous. Unfortunately, many growths occur on these materials, like drywall and wood, in our homes. Bleach does not soak into porous materials, which means it can’t reach the growth spread out through the pores, it only kills the surface. The outer surface of the affected area will appear clean, as the bleach will have whitened any stains and scrubbed away the exterior mold, but the internal mold will be quick to grow back.
- Signs of a Water Damage - While it may seem like water damages should be easy to spot, many times their signs are subtle and hard to find. Water damages, particularly when they go unnoticed for a long period of time, can cause extensive damage to the structure of homes and they encourage mold growth. Early intervention can save you time and money. These signs can include stains, peeling, and a bad odor.
If you experience any damage to your commercial property due to fire, water, or even mold call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8777 to handle all of your restoration needs.
Manteca: Business Flood Situations Are Not Just From Weather
The rain was needed, but it surprised many of them. Fortunately, weather-related floods are rare in this part of California. What is not so rare for area businesses is when the water comes in from damaged plumbing.
Commercial water damage surprises Manteca business owners every time it happens. Everyone knows that the sprinkler system is there to stop fire damage, but no one understands the damage that happens when it engages. Fortunately, SERVPRO has the experience, training, and equipment to restore an office or a kitchen back to their original state.
Sprinklers soak everything, that is what they are supposed to do to prevent the spread of fire. Paper products, like documents, cardboard storage boxes, and books quickly turn to a pulpy mush and must be thrown out. If the business owner needs to keep original contracts, we can preserve the legibility by can spreading them out on a dry surface. We use air movers to blow warm, dry air over the paper gently and while we cannot return the items to their original condition or look, we can sometimes preserve the image
The item that usually catches the most damage next is the carpet. SERVPRO technicians use extraction wands to draw out water without damaging the nape of the carpet. If there is a carpet pad, we remove and dispose of it. Pads quickly deteriorate when they become wet, and they are cheaper to replace rather than attempt to restore. Once we remove the water, crew members use the air movers again to force warm, dry air across the surface to dry it out while preventing further damage.
In a commercial kitchen, sprinklers do not usually cause much damage to the equipment. Here, our technicians concentrate on removing water from inside equipment like fryers to safely use them again. They also dry out behind and under everything to prevent mold growth and to make the room safe to walk in again.
To accomplish this, we set up fans at exits to blow the damp air out of the kitchen as we use long-handled squeegees to push water across the floor and out of the building. Once we have the majority of the water out, we set up air movers to finish drying the floors so we can return the kitchen to the owner as soon and safely as possible.
Restoring businesses to a safe, dry condition is not something you can do with a mop and a water-vac.
Manteca: If your Store Suffers a Water Damage
Whether a high-end specialty food store or your everyday grocery, the spots where you shop for the ingredients for your daily menus are always at risk for water damage. The many coolers, freezers, water and ice tanks, food prep areas, and even restrooms all have the potential to cause devastating water losses that you may need a professional restoration company to abate.
Your bulk grocery shoppers suffer if commercial water damage in Manteca causes even a brief closure. Perhaps the live fish tank breaks and sends contaminated water across the floor. Prep chefs in your deli may fail to turn off a faucet and a sink overflows and floods. A freezer malfunctions and an entire truckload of ice melts, damaging other food in the freezer and leaking out into the main customer areas. Once the source of the damage is eliminated, we move on to water removal and damage control.
We arrive with truck-mounted pumps and extractors to make short work of removing standing water. SERVPRO project managers create a personalized plan to restore damage linked to the water event. If flooring is dislodged or waterlogged, we restore the integrity of the surface with a thorough cleaning and the positioning of air movers and dehumidifiers. Tile or vinyl floor usually restore reasonably easily, but if there are areas with hardwood or laminate flooring, or carpeting, our technicians use techniques learned during IICRC training to restore the spaces.
Carpeting is dried in place with SERVPRO crew members employing our powerful wet vacuums and weighted wands that express as much moisture as possible, finishing with air movers, heaters, and dehumidifiers. Hardwood and laminate flooring is treated with drying mats, pulling moisture from both the top and subfloor layers. If water is trapped beneath we may remove and prop up planks, or drill holes or remove sealants to improve evaporation and movement of water vapor out of the floors.
If a freezer or tank is involved, we evaluate it, sometimes with the assistance of other contractors, for its suitability to be placed back online. We examine for mold growth and clean up and dispose of spoiled products. At all times SERVPRO is careful to avoid the risk of electrical shock and other hazards while attending to the water damage.
Manteca: House Cleaning Hacks
House work can be the worst part of the weekend. its time consuming, tiring and sometimes straight up gross! However, we love the freshness and satisfaction that comes from having a sparkling clean house. there's nothing better right?
I've found some great hacks to make chores easier and maybe even a little fun! The best part? No harsh chemicals... you'd be surprised what you can do with vinegar, baking soda, toothpaste and even Coca Cola!
- Clean a burnt pan with vinegar, water & baking soda
Fill the pan with water and one cup of white vinegar. Bring it to a boil, turn off heat & add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Allow time to cool, then wipe the mixture out of the pan!
- Microwave is easily cleaned with vinegar
Mix part water, part vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. you may want to include a wooden toothpick or another small piece of wood, to prevent boiling over. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Once cooled, take out the bowl and with a sponge or cloth, wipe down the inside of the microwave. No scrubbing, no chemicals, no hassle.
You can also add lemon to the mixture for a fresh, clean scent!
- Clean your sponge
Sponges can pick up a lot of bacteria, so you want to make sure you clean it frequently.
It's super easy: pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to remove the germs! Just wait a minute or two before pulling out since it'll still be hot.
You can also put your sponge in the dishwasher to get it nice and clean again.
- Clean shower scum with vinegar and dish soap.
Cleaning the bathroom is the worst! The good news is there's an easy way to remove soap scum and grime building up in the shower.
Fill a bowl with half vinegar and half dish soap. Now start scrubbing! You can also use an old sponge or toothbrush and just dip into a cup of the same solution. No harsh chemicals required.
- Clean your couch with baking soda
Baking soda can help remove odors and break up stains on the fabric. Begin by brushing off the surface of the couch, then sprinkle baking soda on the area you want to clean. Allow it sit for 20 minutes, then vacuum with attachment tool
- Use toothpaste to clean sneakers
Grab an old toothbrush and a little toothpaste to get your sneakers looking like new again!
- Make your rings sparkle with dish soap
The easiest, and safest, way to clean an engagement ring or other type of ring is to soak it in warm water and a small amount of dishwashing soap for 20 minutes. Then use a soft toothbrush to remove left over dirt, or makeup.
- Baking soda for brighter, cleaner laundry
Add a cup of baking soda in with your load and your clothes will be brighter and cleaner!
- Clean cloudy glasses with vinegar
Use a paper towel and a small amount of vinegar to get your glasses crystal clear!
- Multiple uses for dryer sheets
Even after they've been used, dryer sheets can work magic around your house. Use them to buff away water marks on bathroom and kitchen fixtures or remove that ring inside the toilet. You can even protect your baseboards from hair and dust by wiping them down with this handy dandy static eliminating sheets.
- Cola to clean oil stains off your garage floors
Pour Coca Cola onto the stained area. Work the Coke into the stain with a nylon scrub brush. Avoid using a wire brush on concrete, this will leave noticeable scratches. Allow the soda to sit on the stain an hour or two. Then hose down with some pressure and the stain is gone
Restoring your Manteca Commercial Property after Water Damage
This retirement home commercial building is one of the various commercial buildings that we have worked on in the this area.
Flooding and water damage events at Manteca commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Manteca
SERVPRO of Manteca specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.