Fireplace ashes can be a dangerous thing! How often have we cleaned out our fireplace, knowing the ashes are cold, and left the bag sitting outside ready to be thrown away.
In this case, the bag of "cold" ashes was forgotten and left inside the residence next to the wood burning stove.
Fast forward a week when the insured returned to their cabin only to find a fire that had burned and then gone out. Incredibly Lucky!
Some fires can smolder and produce so much smoke that it will actually get behind the drywall. In severe cases SERVPRO of Manteca will need to remove all of the drywall and clean the wall cavities to eliminate the smoke odor prior to rebuilding the home.