Fire Sprinkler Commercial Building Flood in Manteca and Modesto
Are you having trouble at work with flooding? SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto is a locally owned cleaning and restoration service provider in the community. We have specially trained technicians with modern equipment and resources to get your commercial property back to business quickly.
Fire sprinkler systems are essential for commercial properties. They are intended to save lives and properties affected by a fire outbreak. However, they can lead to flooding of a building once set off. As a commercial property owner, you should know what to do when a fire sprinkler system causes a flood.
What could go wrong?
Once the fire sprinkler system identifies a fire, it is immediately triggered. It disperses water to extinguish the fire before it escalates. Typically, you would have to clean up the water afterward. A single fire sprinkler system releases between 15 and 25 gallons of water per minute. Imagine how many gallons of water would flood your commercial property if the fire isn't extinguished quickly. There is also a possibility of the fire sprinkler system failing and releasing water uncontrollably; this could be a disaster.
The pipes connecting the reservoir to the sprinkler head may be corroded and may burst, leading to flooding. Extreme heat or cold could cause sprinkler pipes to burst as they are susceptible to severe weather.
Things you need to do after a fire sprinkler system flood
• If an actual fire triggered the sprinkler, then you need to let professionals handle the situation. Wait for them to tell you when it’s safe to re-enter the building after the fire has been put out.
• Call a cleaning and restoration service company to clean with dedicated equipment to prevent mold from growing in the walls and other surfaces. Mold poses a danger to human health. Cleaning and restoration companies like SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto are equipped with water extractors, commercial-grade fans, and dehumidifiers needed for the job.
Cleaning and restoration procedures can be challenging for anyone. The procedure includes:
• Removing all items from the affected commercial building
• Using dedicated equipment to dry, clean, and disinfect all surfaces to prevent mold growth and kill bacteria.
• Repair damages and restore items that can be salvaged.
These processes are tedious. Your insurance policy should be able to cover the cost of the damage or inform you of what they can cover. Should you have flooding, contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto.