Water Damage After Flooding
Water damage is a relatively popular form of natural disaster with various sources like leaking roofs, burst pipes, flooding, and more. Flood creates a nuisance that has the potential to cause worrying damages to your structure and contents.
Flood victims are mostly left physically and emotionally down because they are short of ideas on the exact point of beginning the recovery procedures.
Here at SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto, we are expert professionals with a wealth of experience dealing with water damage caused by flooding. We have the necessary tools to educate and assist our clients before the help eventually arrives. You are assured of our impeccable services in any event of securing your valuable assets.
We have expertly concluded various degrees of water losses, and this puts us in good stead to keep you and your property in safe hands. We will lead you through the best ways to handle water damage after the flooding.
FLOOD CLEANUP EQUIPMENT:
· Pump, pail mops and squeegees
· Gloves, masks and all other protective gear
· Soaps and unscented detergents
· Plastic garbage bags
AFTER A FLOOD, YOU SHOULD:
· To eliminate electrical accidents, try to turn off the mains supply not to be power in the building.
· Be careful not to injure yourself, as you use pumps and pails to remove standing water, then mop up the rest and avoid further damage to surfaces.
· Clean up excess water from wood furniture after removing tabletop items
· Apply detergents and disinfectants to flush and disinfect floor drains and sump pumps, scrub them to remove stubborn dirt and grime.
· In summer, put on your air conditioning to increase drying.
· Pick loose items from the floor.
DON'T DO THIS AFTER FLOODING:
· Don't leave furniture, books on wet carpets, it further damages them. Instead, get pickable items off to a safe place, and put saucers underneath the furniture legs above the damp surface.
· Never use your household vacuum to evacuate water. Not only is it ineffective, but it could also cause damage to the vacuum cleaner.
· Never attempt to turn on the ceiling fixture if the ceiling is wet and ensure you stay out of a ceiling-sagging room.
· Forget to hang all valuables like leather items and leave your wet fabrics in place.