How to Prepare Your Home for Spring
Winter is over and you need to get your family prepared for the warm season after the extreme cold of winter. Here are a few things to do to prepare your home for spring.
- Check your surroundings to ensure there isn’t any damage to the home from the winter season
- Clean your rain gutters. Put on gloves because you may need to remove some debris with your hands. It is best to be safe while carrying out basic home maintenance.
- Check your garden hose and water channel, make sure when turning the faucet on that the water flows well.
- Scrub the walls in your kitchen, bedrooms, toilets with brush/sponge and water and disinfect the surfaces. Clean and disinfect your tables, clean the light frames.
- Check your sink, taps, and showers by unscrewing the sink sprayers, shower heads, and faucet aerators and soak them in vinegar and water solution to kill hidden germs. Allow to soak for an hour, then rinse with warm water. Check all pipes for leaks and call a plumber to fix any leaks.
- Check for dust and declutter where necessary.
- Wash your windows with soap and water.
- Check for cracks and holes, clean surroundings and block holes to avoid creeping objects from entering your home.
- Prepare your garden, make it clean and tidy ready for plants to bloom.
- Clean all furniture, outdoor and indoor. Also, clean your grill.
- Check all your alarm systems.
When you have finished cleaning your home and making sure everything is functioning well, then your home is ready and well prepared for spring.