Preparing For Spring Storms
With spring comes highly unpredictable weather that changes unexpectedly. Many of these weather conditions include thunderstorms, floods, severe winds, and even tornadoes depending on your location. With severe rainstorms, Modesto and Manteca regions have major flood risks. The river water levels get high and at times structural damage can occur to dams or levees. Since these unpredictable weather occurrences can happen and do happen, it’s best to always prepare your home, and your family, in case the weather suddenly changes.
Prepare Your Home for Spring Weather Challenges
1. Prepare an emergency kit. Red Cross provides a great list for emergency kit needs, your first aid kit should include items from this First Aid Kit list.
2. Remove the debris from gutters, drains, and downspouts ensuring that the rain from your roof flows efficiently away from the foundation of your home. Also, be sure all gutters, drains, and downspouts are secured and add extensions as necessary.
3. Trim trees. Remove any limbs or branches that may fall onto your home or power lines due to heavy winds.
4. Test sump pump, if your home uses one. Ensure the pump is clean and is operating smoothly. Be sure to add a battery-powered back up in case of a power outage.
5. Secure and store yard furniture and items during heavy winds to avoid injuries and damage to properly.
Listed are some simple things you can do to be more prepared for spring weather should a storm come your way. If you should experience damages from thunderstorms, floods, or heavy rains and even fire and mitigation or restoration services are needed, our team is experienced and efficiently equipped to handle your needs. Contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto at (209) 823-8877.