Restoration Steps after Fire
After a fire, when the fire is put out, and the fire truck drives off what do you do? Every situation is different; however, the steps below will give you a better understanding of what steps are next in recovering after a fire damage emergency.
Fire Damage Restoration Steps
- Contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto office once you are safe. Our team will ask specific questions that will help us better handle your needs. We want to ensure that we take care of your home with proper care, with the right equipment needed, and with urgency.
- Upon arrival, our team will inspect and asses the fire damage. Doing so will determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage so that we can develop the best plan to make your home safe again.
- Windows, walls, and roofs are often damaged in a fire. To protect your home from further damage we board up any missing windows or walls. Once that is complete, we will place tarps on any damaged roofs that possess damage. This step should be done immediately.
- If water damage presents itself, the water elimination process will begin right away as well. Our team of professionals will get rid of most of the water in the home and use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove any left-over water, completing the drying process.
- Smoke and soot must be removed from all surfaces. We have specialized equipment and use specific techniques to make sure that your home and belongings are restored to the pre-fire state. Once smoke and soot are eliminated we will make sure odors left behind are taken away with industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
- The area must be cleaned and sanitized, we make sure your home and belongings are taken care of by using various cleaning processes that are defined to work best for your fire crisis.
- The final step is to restore your home to pre-fire condition. This may call for replacing drywall, painting walls, or installing new flooring.
When a fire emergency strikes, contact SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto for your restoration needs. We are like a one-stop shop in your mitigation and restoration tasks.