Mold Testing for the Home
If a musty smell presents itself in your home the stench could very well be mold. It is vital to test for mold, as it can grow rapidly and can be a costly hazard for your home. Not only is this an issue for basic home upkeep but it can lead to mold allergy and can cause many discomforting symptoms such as wheezing, rashes, watery and itchy eyes, a runny nose, coughing, and more. Besides mold allergy being a nuisance, serious health problems can occur due to mold being in the home.
To test for mold it is best to hire a professional. A home test kit won’t tell you the location of the mold, the extent of the mold growth, or the type of mold your home possesses. A home testing kit for mold will tell you one thing, it only lets you know that mold is present.
When a certified professional tests your home for mold you will get the following:
- A certified professional will come to assess the situation. This person would have participated in extensive training and will follow the standards set by the IICRC.
- Awareness of the extent of the mold damage will be discussed.
- You will understand what part of the home needs mold remediation.
- The mold will be tested so that you will be aware of what type of mold is in your home.
- Mold will be removed from the home and clearance testing will occur once complete.
Save yourself the cost of extensive damage to your home by hiring a professional company that specializes in mold. Do not wait, as mentioned, mold grows quickly.
No need to purchase a home kit to test mold. The less expensive option, in the long run, is to hire the correct individuals to your home right away. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto will address your needs with mold remediation and restoration.