Tips to Successful Graffiti Removal
SERVPRO Graffiti and Vandalism Cleanup
According to Area Vibes, the Modesto Police Department has stated as of July 2019, ‘Stanislaus County has estimated there are at least 50 active gangs in the area. Gangs tend to mark their territory by tagging permanent structures “. In Modesto alone, reports show that crime involving property stands 59% higher than the rest of the state and 68% higher than the nation’s average. Property crimes include burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, arson, shoplifting, and vandalism. These statistics still speak volumes. Graffiti is a concern to those living in Modesto and Manteca.
When your commercial building gets tagged with graffiti, best to hire a certified and experienced company to remove the graffiti for you.
Tips to Successful Graffiti Removal
- Pre-wet the surface when using any alkaline paint remover. Pre-wet the surface surrounding the graffiti. Do not wet the affected section if the cleaning agent is solvent-based or incompatible with water. Incorrect cleaning solutions can damage the building. It is best to seek a skilled professional to avoid any further surface damage.
- Rinse the cleaning solution used to rid your structural building of graffiti. Start at the bottom and move upward. This will prevent the cleaning agent from running downward and staining a lower contact surface.
- When temperatures range from hot to cold, the measure in which paint remover will work is slim. Climate temperature is a leading source of why removing graffiti is difficult in our local region. Modesto and Manteca have higher air temperatures. so, it requires specialists to remove graffiti. Cleaning and restoration experts have the correct tools, solutions, and training to get the job done.
- Commercial buildings can pose an issue with graffiti removal because of the variations of materials used in the build. Let it be bedding planes, density, finish, or weathering checked after treatment. There is a large likelihood the paint will still being visible after removal tactics are performed. A professional commercial cleaning and restoration team has the experience and resources to rid you of paint stains without the guesswork.
- Mortar joints behave differently than masonry units and often need different cleaning materials and methods to remove the graffiti
- After graffiti removal, test the surface to make sure cleaning solutions were removed, preventing damage to the building’s surface.
Graffiti removal can be a trial-and-error experience for you. Someone knowledgeable in masonry materials, graffiti materials, and cleaning techniques for graffiti removal should do the job to avoid surface deterioration and long hours spent on a project.
24 Hour Cleaning and Restoration Emergency Services
SERVPRO Emergency Services
Emergencies can happen at any time of the day or night. Most of the time, we are not ready for disaster to strike. An emergency will usually present itself when we least expect it. SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto provides emergency services for residential and commercial service needs. If water, fire, smoke, mold, sewage backup, or loss from a storm strikes - we are here for you 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, even on holidays!
SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto has been providing emergency clean up and drying services for over 40 years. Experience and fast response to cleaning or restoration work are imperative. With 1700+ franchise locations, we are set up to provide immediate action should you have an emergency. The quicker the response to your needs, the better. Moving with urgency allows for the damage to be minimized, costing you less.
A great example of an emergency would be residential flooding. Water is quite invasive to the home or your business. Water quickly spreads through the property and absorbs through the floors, walls, and furniture, etc. The water extraction process should start right away to avoid major damages.
When water damage strikes, within just minutes, water can spread through the property. Water soaks the premises and can damage walls, floors, upholstery, and even personal belongings. Books and keepsakes will warp and bend. These damages happen upon minutes of contact.
The first few hours or through the first day, drywall breaks or swells up. Metal surfaces tarnish. Furniture can swell and crack. Dyes from clothing and paper goods bleed and stain surfaces. An odor will appear through the property. Mold and Mildew can occur after 24 – 48 hours, the list goes on and on. Understanding what can happen the first-week water damage occurs can help you understand better why you must act fast. Moving quickly is crucial in the cleaning and restoration process. Many changes occur in the property, causing damage throughout your home or business. This is just one example of a cleaning and restoration emergency where arriving quickly on the scene could save you money.
Be ready should an emergency happen. Save our phone number, (209) 823-8877, in your address book for when an emergency arises. If your home or business is affected by water, fire, smoke, mold, sewage backup, or storm loss SERVPRO of Manteca and Modesto’s team will minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Damage can cause Mold
Storms are devastating. Recently there have been some freak storms that have damaged homes severely. If your home has been affected by a storm call SERVPRO of Manteca. Although your home may seem fine residual water can soak into the walls, hardwood, carpets which can eventually lead to unwanted mold as well as an unwanted smell. Mold can have effects on health and is not safe for anyone’s household. If you call SERVPRO we can setup our high-powered air movers and desiccant dehumidifiers that can remove all excess water to prevent mold. If mold has already developed, we have industrial air scrubbers and high strength chemicals to remove the mold and the stench. Skip the hassle and call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8877 and our skilled and highly technicians will be on their way.
We Clean Large Businesses
A large business has had their carpets done by SERVPRO of Manteca for about 38 years. Because their offices and hallways get lots of traffic, dirt and grime can build up very quickly. So, we come in once a year with our large truck mounted steam machine and clean the carpet. The hot steamy water removes most of the grime from the carpet and is vacuumed up. Any left-over spots can be removed by using a solvent or blood and stain remover. We understand that work can’t always be halted to have your business’s carpets clean so we are willing to come clean on the weekend or to clean after work hours so your carpets can look fresh and new again. If you a large business that needs to be cleaned call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8877.
Commercial Water Damage. What do I do now?
The first step is to access the situation and make sure everyone is safe. Safety is of the utmost importance.
- Call your insurance and figure out what they will cover
- Then call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8877
- We will try to work around your customers and your employees but depending on the severity of the damage you may have to close off sections of your business so that we can safely do our work. We will try to be in and out as fast as possible because we understand that its important to have your business at full capacity.
- After our work is done your business can run just the way it was pre-damage.
That’s right that’s all to it. Congratulations you made it!
Water Damage Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful! What To Do After Flooding
- Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (209)823-8877
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Water and Mold Tips for your Business
Protecting a business from a major fire or water damage is not something that is at the forefront of any commercial property owners mind, but knowing what to do should that situation ever arise is vital. Here is some information about the various categories of structure damages, and the safety precautions surrounding them, that every business owner should know:
- Fire Classifications and Extinguishers - A fire with a stable supply of fuel, oxygen, and heat can double in size within 60 seconds; therefore, quick action is key to preventing catastrophic damage. Fires, and their extinguishers, are categorized into 5 different classes based on fuel types. An ABC fire extinguisher is typically what most people stock within their homes and businesses as it is versatile – it can extinguish 3 out of the 5 fire groups; however, fires result from Class K type situations, which require their own specific extinguisher.
- Mold, Myths, and Facts - Bleach does not kill mold, it can even make a mold problem worse. It is effective if the growth is on a hard, solid surface, such as tile or glass, but it will not work when the surface is porous. Unfortunately, many growths occur on these materials, like drywall and wood, in our homes. Bleach does not soak into porous materials, which means it can’t reach the growth spread out through the pores, it only kills the surface. The outer surface of the affected area will appear clean, as the bleach will have whitened any stains and scrubbed away the exterior mold, but the internal mold will be quick to grow back.
- Signs of a Water Damage - While it may seem like water damages should be easy to spot, many times their signs are subtle and hard to find. Water damages, particularly when they go unnoticed for a long period of time, can cause extensive damage to the structure of homes and they encourage mold growth. Early intervention can save you time and money. These signs can include stains, peeling, and a bad odor.
If you experience any damage to your commercial property due to fire, water, or even mold call SERVPRO of Manteca at 209-823-8777 to handle all of your restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Manteca is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms Must:
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Manteca
SERVPRO of Manteca specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Mold in the Central Valley
Since there is little seasonal change around Manteca, many residents and homeowners forget about routine maintenance. Some mistakenly believe that with no significant drop in temperature and the damp that goes with it, their house is safer from mold than in other parts of the country. That belief is just not accurate.
Manteca mold damage can happen as quickly here as in a dank basement in the mid-west. Mold spores grow and thrive in temperatures as warm as 85 degrees. Some species live at even higher temperatures. To stop active mold growth and prevent future expansion from starting, SERVPRO has developed a process that finds the source of the mold, isolates it, kills active spores and then removes the rest.
First, is sealing off the mold infested area. Our response team blocks hallway openings, doors, and windows using plastic sheeting to isolate the mold and prevent it from contaminated more of the home. Team members also seal the HVAC vents to prevent mold from getting into the ductwork. If we found mold already in the ducts, we seal off all vents in the house to prevent mold spreading to other rooms.
Second, we wipe down surfaces to begin cleaning mold off the personal and structural property. For nonporous surfaces like glass and metal, we use either a dry or wet cloth depending on how thick the mold is on a glass table or refrigerator for example. If the surface is porous, like a carpet or sheetrock panel, then we usually recommend disposal and replacement as that usually is more cost-effective than cleaning. After finishing, SERVPRO technicians may use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter attached. These filters are designed to trap even a single mold spore.
After cleaning, we wait for the dust to settle. Our actions disturb mold, so some of it temporarily escapes to the air. When enough time has passed, we wipe down each surface again and repeat the process until we are satisfied your home is clean.
Finally, we bring down the air moisture content of your home, also called humidity, to lower the risk of mold returning after we leave. Technicians set up space heaters to carefully warm the air while installing dehumidifiers to draw moisture out of the surrounding air and property.
Remediating mold damage is not a short or easy process. With SERVPRO of Manteca on your side, it gets done correctly to put you back into your home as quickly and safely as possible.
Call us today at (209) 823-8877 for more information or to schedule a preliminary inspection.
Ways Fire Damage Can Show Up Months Later
One thing about house fires that is true in almost all situations is that some damage is not as visible in some parts of a home as it is in others. Some damage is in the loss of utility. A door may seem undamaged, along with its frame, but after a fire, no longer open and close correctly. Windows can also be affected this way. Heat and moisture from fighting that fire can cause wood to swell. Even after remediation has been completed, small things like this can pop up.
Situations that affect a Manteca area home's level of security after fire damage has been remediated still needs to be remediated. Security needs to be restored. These types of fire damage-related issues can appear weeks or months after a fire. Having a situation such as this develop does not mean that the remediation immediately after a fire was unsuccessful. Wood that expands can become more porous, which in turn allows more moisture in the future to be retained, leading to swelling.
Restoring openings to your home that have become impossible to close and open correctly and quickly pose risks to your security. Intruders can gain easier access, and in the event of another disaster, leaving your home might be more difficult, resulting in the loss of precious seconds when they count the most.
Many locks on the market today are made of highly durable plastics. While these are suitable to keep out most burglars, the plastic components can melt during a fire. Some of these locks remain functioning for a while, but then stop working and fall apart internally. If this is the case in your situation, replacement of the lock is a simple enough process.
We can repair these conditions and restore the safety your family deserves. Working to restore homes of our neighbors, family, and friends, we know a safe and secure feeling is important to every family.
We are here to help 24/7 823-8877